The World Bank has blacklisted 18 Nigerians firms and individuals over corruption and Fraud.
Legitpost gathered that the sanctions were issued by the World Bank Sanctions Board, World Bank Chief Suspension and Debarment Officer and the African Development Bank.
The debarments made by AfDB were recognised by World Bank under a cross-debarment policy.
List of Companies blacklisted by World Bank
- Mr. Elie Abou Ghazaleh
- Mr. Fadi Abou Ghazaleh
- Abou Ghazaleh Contracting Nigeria Limited,
- A Nigerian firm, Swansea Tools Resources,
- Juckon Construction and Allied Services Nigeria Limited
- Ms. Okafor Glory
- Unique Concept Enterprises
- Asbeco Nigeria Limited
- A.G. Vision Construction Nigeria Limited
- Mr Salihu Tijani
- Sangtech International Services Limited
- Sangar & Associates (Nigeria) Limited
- Mashad Integrated And Investment Co Limited
- Medniza Global Merchants Limited
- ALG Global Concept Nigeria Limited
- Abuharaira Labaran Gero
- Qualitrends Global Solutions Nigeria Limited
- Maxicare Company Nigeria Limited
Mr. Elie Abou Ghazaleh and Mr. Fadi Abou Ghazaleh, alongside their firm, Abou Ghazaleh Contracting Nigeria Limited, were debarred for six months.
Swansea Tools Resources, was debarred for fraudulent practices for two years and 10 months. Juckon Construction and Allied Services Nigeria Limited, was debarred for corrupt practices for three years,Ms. Okafor Glory, was debarred for fraudulent practices for four years, Unique Concept Enterprises, was debarred for five years for same reason.
Asbeco Nigeria Limited, was debarred for five years for corrupt practices while A.G. Vision Construction Nigeria Limited, was debarred for four years and six months.
Mr Salihu Tijani was barred for 38 months. Sangtech International Services Limited, Sangar & Associates (Nigeria) Limited, Mashad Integrated And Investment Co Limited, and Medniza Global Merchants Limited were debarred for two years under cross-debarment.
ALG Global Concept Nigeria Limited, Abuharaira Labaran Gero, Qualitrends Global Solutions Nigeria Limited, and Maxicare Company Nigeria Limited were debarred for three years under cross-debarment recognised by the World Bank.