The Nigerian government will sanction CNN for its report that the military shot and killed peaceful protesters at Lekki Toll Gate last month, says Minister of Information Lai Mohammed.
The Federal Government on Thursday said it has no plan to shut down the internet or social media.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, said this at a press conference in Abuja.
According to him, the Nigerian government would only work with stakeholders to regulate social media.
Mohammed observed that social media was used wrongly to cause mayhem in the aftermath of the #EndSARS protest.
The News Digest reports that they have been uproar from various commentators condemning the move by the Federal Government.