There Were No Blood Stains At Lekki Toll Plaza After Shooting Incident – Lagos State Governor Said
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Monday revealed that there were no blood stains at the scene of the shooting incident at the Lekki Toll Plaza last Tuesday, contrary to several reports from several eyewitnesses that some protesters died as a result of the shooting which also left about 30 persons injured.
But the governor also maintained his earlier position that only two persons died as a result of the gruesome incident.
There had been public outrage a day after the incident when the governor claimed that nobody died after security operatives fired live bullets into the crowd of protesters at the Lekki Toll Plaza at Admiralty Way.
Although the governor later admitted that one person had been reported dead, he insisted that it was not as a result of the shooting but due to blunt force trauma to the head, adding that investigation was on to find out if he was indeed one of the protesters.
Sanwo-Olu who spoke to CNN’s Becky Anderson said, “Two dead bodies, that is what we have seen from all the morgues, that’s what we have seen going to hospitals, that’s what we have seen as record.
“What has happened is that there have been so many footages that were seen, that people have shown, but we have not seen bodies, we have not seen relatives, we have not seen anybody truly coming out to say I am a father or a mother to someone and I cannot find that person. Nobody has turned up. I have been to the ground, there is no scratch of blood anywhere there.”
He admitted that the footages showed clearly that security operatives who shot at the protesters were from the military despite several denials from the Defense Headquarters denying any knowledge of the incident or ordering its men to fire at the protesters.
“From the footage that we could see, because there were cameras at that facility, it seems to me that they would be men in military uniform. That’s what the footage shows,” the governor said.