President Goodluck Jonathans Presidency was nothing short of successful, his achievements are too numerous, and if he should decide to Contest for the 2023 presidential elections once more, he could clinch the the top seat once again.
The fact that Goodluck Jonathan did a huge work during his days as President cannot be denied, his works were visible for all to see, the effect of what he was doing was reverberating throughout the Nation.
Nigeria was nothing short of successful, we were doing well in all areas, and Nigerians were happy too.
These are the top 16 reasons why he will win again if he comes out;
- He Gave Nigerians Freedom of speech. Everybody enjoyed this singular human right under Jonathan’s administration. The right to protest was sacrosanct. People could express their views without fear of getting arrested and bundled. Opposition held numerous protests, and their was no attempt to muffle them in any way.
- He made sure INEC was able to conduct elections devoid of rigging and outright violence. The 2011 elections conducted under his reign was adjudged by many people including the international community as being the best ever.
- Relative non-interference with electoral and judicial matters. This is evident in the number of governorship elections that have been won both at the polls and in the court by opposition parties in Anambra, Imo, Osun states, among others.
- He ran an open system of government, in which government activities was made open to the general public. During his years as President, Transparency International rated Nigeria high in terms of transparency.
- He made sure Nigeria was open for business, by removing stringent policies that portrayed Nigeria as a harsh place to do business. This in fact increased the rate of foreign investments in Nigeria.
- Under the Goodluck Jonathan administration, Nigeria rebased it’s GDP for the first time in over a decade to become the largest economy in Africa, overtaking South Africa and Egypt in the process.
- He reduced the issue of fake drugs, which had ravaged the country. He appointed Dr. Dora Akunyili over to oversee Drug administration, and she gave her all to reducing the the amount of fake drugs in the country.
- He initiated the YOUWIN program in 2011. The Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YOUWIN) program aimed to generate over 100,000 jobs for innovative unemployed youths across the country in the course of three years. Which saw to many startups all over the country.
- Goodluck Jonathan administration is the one behind the revival of the dead automotive industry in Nigeria. Global auto giants like Peugeot, Nissan and Hyundai started the assembling or wholly manufacturing of small cars, Sport Utility Vehicles, trucks and buses at various locations in Nigeria. In addition to that, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (IVM), Nigeria’s first indigenous automaker, began the sale of their first made-in-Nigeria cars and SUVs in August 2014.
10. Introduction of the Almajiri system of education in the academically disadvantaged Northern parts of the country.
- He gave true freedom to the press.
12. He gave Nigerians the chance of addressing him through his routine media chats.
- He revived our railway system of transportation, signed many projects which saw to the huge construction of railway infrastructure in the country, and the modernization of the old ones to standard guages.
14. Arresting the outbreak of the deadly and highly contagious Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in record time, though it unfortunately claimed some lives at the onset.
- Establishment of nine federal universities across the country in states which previously had no federal degree awarding institution.
16. Computerizing education in the country with the introduction of the computer-based test (CBT) which will be mandatory for all UTME candidates from 2015.
Tell me, if former President Goodluck Jonathan happens to come out again, will you give him your vote, if yes Type YES, If no Type NO, and please remember to share and follow me for more interesting articles